Sisterhood of the Traveling Stash

Follow the Box Around the Country

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Oh Happy Day

Let me start out by saying that I’m such a doofus. That fact is well known to my fambly and friends, but I thought y’all should know that too.

When I joined the Sisterhood, I gave our fearless leader my office address as anything larger than a shoebox delivered to my home has had a tendency in the past to disappear. And then, I promptly forgot that little tidbit. I check in on the Sisterhood blog often, watching the box make its way hither and yon across the country.

Well, this morning, security called to say that a big box had arrived and was waiting for me in the receiving room. I was a bit perplexed. Had I ordered something that I’d forgotten about? (Yes, it has happened before.) Something would come in a big box? No, I’m all caught up on any orders. Whatever could it be? People, at the time, I honestly had no clue.

I wandered my way over to receiving, and there it was. Head slap! It was The Box. For those of you who hadn’t had the joy of receiving it yet—it’s huge! I know, I know, everyone says that, but seriously. IT’S. GINORMOUS. Our security guy asked if I wanted him to carry it out to my car. Heck, no! To my office, and make it snappy mister! (Just kidding; love our security guys, they’re real sweethearts and will help you out at a moment’s notice when you’re in a pickle.)

Obviously, I couldn’t get any work done with all the noise the box was making. The yarn needed attention! After all, it had traveled across the hot, dusty desert to visit me. And the yarn was grateful. The yarn was petted and exercised well over the lunch hour, and got lots of attention from my co-workers. It all went back in the box for the trip home for more petting and exercise tonight.

Pictures will be coming on my blog in the next day or so.

2 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

What a great story! I'm glad you're happy! Can't wait to see what happens.

6:08 PM  
Blogger Jocele said...

Glad to see the box got there okay. Enjoy.

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home