Sisterhood of the Traveling Stash

Follow the Box Around the Country

Saturday, December 02, 2006

In Transit

The box is now in transit and should arrive at its next destination within the next week.

Here's what I took out of the box:



It's three skeins of Rowan Kid Soft, destined for a scarf from Scarf Style, and a skein of Karaoke. I don't know what I'll do with that skein, but the colors and the feel of it called out to me.

Here's what I put in:


Two skeins of Koigu KPPPM, two skeins of Knit Picks Ambrosia, two skeins of Knit Picks merino, and a skein of Cascade 220 (which did not make the photo).

The box was in rough shape, so I followed the lead of Sisters before me and taped the postcards to a new box, adding my own postcard. I know this isn't Yarn Aboard and I wasn't obligated to take the box on any adventures, but I did drive around for a few days with it in the back of my car and we drove by a couple of post offices. The first post office had just closed. The second post office was open, but I had to park way down the street and there was no way I could carry the box that distance. (It's not *that* heavy, but I hurt my back.) So, my husband bravely took the box to the post office earlier this week. I think that the joy of having a large box of yarn leave the house was enough to keep him from feeling any anxiety about going out in public carrying a huge box covered with postcards.

Thank you, Ann, for organizing this adventure, and thanks to everyone else for playing along -- it's been a lot of fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home